Sunday, May 2, 2010

Personality Tests That Are Totally Wrong.


A dear friend is on a dating site. She asked me to take a look at her personality profile and give it a critique. In order to do this, I had to create a profile for myself. The thing about the site is, there really do seem to be people there that are just looking for friends and people to hang out with, and that doesn't seem like such a terrible thing. I will soon be unemployed, and without anything to do but think and become anxiety-ridden, so maybe having a link to some new people isn't an awful idea.
I tend to be addicted to personality tests and answering questions about myself. On Facebook I always keep these to myself (I hate those jerks that do nothing but take quizzes and post the results to everyone else, bombarding the page with "If Joe were a color he'd be fuschia"), but on this connection site, the results are just there. And so far, only one result is anywhere near accurate. These quizzes keep making me out to be a giant douche. The first two are okay, I guess: My Lover Profile? "Surprising;" My Funny Test? "The Wit." But the others? Eegads. They're so totally off-base. And just personally distasteful. Personality Defect? "Hippie." My Dating Persona? "The Sudden Departure." My Buffy Character? Dawn. (!!!!! WTF???? I'd rather be Warren than Dawn for crying out loud!)
I don't know what I'm going to end up doing with this profile. I suspect I'll delete it altogether in a week or so, actually. Despite the "looking for friends" category I've got checked, I seem to be collecting a few "How you Doin's" and that's not something I want to encourage. In the meantime, I am sending the message that I'm some sort of love 'em and leave 'em bitch who reeks of patchouli and tries to save the world from itself. It's as if I went out of my way to create a profile that presented the antithesis of the person I'd want strangers to of think of me as. Douchiest loser? C'est moi!

No comments:

Post a Comment