Friday, March 26, 2010

The Guilty Feeling of Accusing Someone of Taking Something and Then Finding It


(No, not the rigatoni.)
I realized Monday afternoon I didn't have my mobile. I tried to go with the positive idea that I'd simply misplaced it and it would show up. Searched everywhere. An email went out at work today that theft in the building was up and to be very mindful. I determined that some grubby sticky-fingered soul was enjoying Whack-a-Mole on my baby and I'd never see it again. And then, right at the end of the day I found it! A great feeling to see it lying there, far under my desk. That feeling was quickly replaced by feeling quite bad I'd been so selfish as to jump to the conclusion that I'd been stolen from. I don't like it when the thing that sort of sucks ends up being me.

No comments:

Post a Comment